It won't be inappropriate to say that transformation is the only thing that remains identical in the electronic commerce industry. But, undoubtedly, e-commerce has made it easy for vendors and businesses to reach the audience and target customers globally.
The evolution of e-commerce has made competition harder for new vendors and evolving businesses. However, if a business or an online merchandising store is looking to be effective at e-commerce, great shopping practices, and immaculate customer connections are essential.
It is not difficult anymore to modernize and streamline channels for perfect interaction and communication with potential customers. Instead, you can use Chatbots to bridge the interaction gap between your customers and your business.
According to research, 27% of consumers are fascinated by Artificial Intelligence (AI) sustenance tools? Artificial Intelligence (AI) bots or Chatbots, chat assistants, or conditional subordinates are undisputedly one of the fast-growing advances today across all industries.
Chatbots or Artificial Intelligence (AI) bots primarily use the user interface (UI) languages such as text, voice, illustrations, menus, controls, etc. Continuous evolution has made it simple for marketers to take the shopping experience to the next level with Chatbots for the e-commerce industry.
It is firm that Chatbots provide modified and simulated experiences parallel to the experience that an employee in the store provides. Global Market Insights state that by 2024, the available market size for AI bots or Chatbots globally will be more than $1.3 billion.
Importance of Chatbots
Chatbots surround humans like a shadow in offering several operational services. They are programmed with machine language to understand human answers, choices, and emotional behaviors.
With this, the Chatbot structure evaluates the decisions, searches, and requests consumers have asked more than a few times to reply to them with their anticipated answers. They affluence the customer services agents' tasks to a great extent. However, Chatbots are not developed to substitute human collaboration with consumers online.
Here are some significant figures that can spot the importance of Chatbots:
- Chatbots can cut down the cost of operations by at least 30%.
- 64% of consumers online say the 24-hour availability of Chatbots is the biggest advantage.
- Approximately 37% of the customers worldwide use AI bots as a substitute to get quick responses.
- Chatbots or AI bots can answer 80% of specific and dynamic questions.
Benefits of Chatbots
According to research, 48% of consumers would communicate with a business through a live chat than any other means of interaction, and 57% choose customer experience Chatbots because of their briskness. Some of the benefits other than Chatbot for support are:
- Facilitate Seamless Live Communication
- Marketing Data Collection
- Identify Trends
- Email and Text Campaigns
- Drive a Strong Narrative
- Communicate Proactively
Why Are Chatbots for E-commerce Essential?
Chatbots or AI bots can communicate and interact with humans through instant live chat and other chat-based or voice-based systems. The user interface (UI) of Chatbots could be developed as voice-based or text-based, or a combination of both.
Artificial intelligence (AI) powers the majority of operational Chatbots today, delivering a more natural and personalized customer experience to enhance business and improve customer service engagement. Some of the important reasons are:
- 24 x 7 Online Service
- A Face to The Business
- Rapid Responses to The Queries
- Increase Business Sales and Revenue
- Look for the Right Service or Product
- Gain Customers Insight
- Chatbots and Other Industries
- Take Follow-up and Re-engage with the customers
Importance of Chatbots for E-commerce Order Fulfillment Process
Conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) has a variety of advantages for your e-commerce order fulfillment process, including:
- Chatbots enable two-way interaction with the audience. It not only responds to their queries or directs them, but also helps learn from the customers, listen to their complaints, and develop a bond with them.
- The Artificial Intelligence bot interacts with three to six times more consumers than a customer service representative.
- Stores using conversational Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology accurately are growing yearly revenue by seven to twenty-five percent.
- Chatbots open up new platforms for sales and marketing; instead of being limited to the website and blogs. With Chatbots, you can now exhibit your collection, promote the products, generate sales, and accumulate payments over Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, and more than ten other touchpoints.
- Chatbot lets you send content and publicity messages to the social media that your consumers spend the majority of time on looking at other businesses and your competitors. As a result, this helps create a powerful multichannel engagement approach.
How Do E-commerce Chatbots Add Value to Websites?
Website chatbots for e-commerce have been progressively gripping. Particularly since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic put a burden on industries to digitize their facilities and workflows. Use case after use case; the consequences demonstrate that, if done appropriately, Chatbots can have a huge constructive influence on the eminence of customer experience.
Chatbots can help add value to e-commerce websites by providing:
- Smoother Customer Journey
- Instantaneous Personalization
- More Accessibility & Less Resistance
- 24/7 Availability & Accessibility
- Personalize Your Brand
- Gather Actionable Insights
- Remain Friendly & Approachable
Why Does Your E-commerce Business Need AI-Powered Systems?
With the technology evolving, many e-commerce businesses rely on the technology of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to recognize the purchasing pattern of hundreds and thousands of consumers.
As a result, this helps them develop successful marketing and advertising strategies and pitch products or services to the customers accordingly. The strategical growth in e-commerce denotes that customers have lifted towards platforms that are used with tech-based Artificial Intelligence (AI).
E-commerce Chatbot Interface
A superior chatbot interface consents you to accomplish numerous things, including:
- Generating a modified branded experience.
- Serving several customers at one time.
- Connecting with your consumers in a humanlike way.
- Handling a variety of tasks vacillating in exertion.
How E-commerce Chatbots Can Boost Sales Strategy & Support for Your Business
1. Customizes Your Services
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chatbots for e-commerce recollect the previous communications of the customers and use them further to modify genuine interactions. Furthermore, Chatbots can stay focused on users while administering them down the sales funnel and offering them product and service endorsements.
Additionally, customizing the services can enhance the customer engagement rate and promote related products and services to the customers to save their time.
2. Archives Real-Time Interactions
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chatbots empower e-commerce businesses to get practical real-time customer interaction. The available data can be studied to improve the facilities as per the user participation. The prompt access to crucial information decreases the cost of operations and makes the most of the productivity and functioning of a business.
3. Let's Customer Service Representatives Focus on Composite Tasks
Chatbots for e-commerce can handle more than 80% of the monotonous questions of the consumers. In addition, they can assist customer service representatives in staying focused on solving composite issues. By solving complex issues with urgency, you can conquest more clients while dropping the cost of operations.
4. Offers Quick, Cost-Effective, & Consistent Customer Support
According to a study, more than 50% of consumers expect businesses to operate and be available 24/7. E-commerce Chatbots are available 24/7, and they answer promptly.
E-commerce industries that cannot preserve immediate support lean towards shutting down because their competitors function and offer customer support 24/7. Chatbots can create a tangible connection with the customers with immediate support and two-way interaction.
Artificial Intelligence AI-powered chatbots for the e-commerce industry can respond to over 80% of the monotonous customer questions. If in case, it fails to solve the query, it will instantly hand over the issue to a live chat customer support agent. In addition, a Chatbot can tell consumers about the suggestions and advantages of paying online.
5. Authorizes You to Exhibit Your Collection Across Several Channels
If your users understand they need to purchase a product while using another social media platform, wouldn't it be best if they could buy from your business over that channel? Switching to your E-commerce website or mobile application can feel like an excessive struggle, as they would not want to shift across platforms.
By deploying a Chatbot on social media platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, and more than ten other touchpoints, you can authorize them to look at your collection and make purchases directly over the current channel using.
Important Metrics to Track Your E-commerce Chatbot
According to a report from Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI), E-commerce industries need to keep an eye on the following Chatbot metrics:
- Total new users
- Total number of users
- Number of active users
- Frequent bot messages
- Percentage of engaged users
- User satisfaction with the Chatbot
- Messages that start a conversation
- Goal completion rates
- New conversations
- Total conversations
- Rate of retention
Pillars For Successful E-commerce Automation Strategy
Though there are many successful chatbots for the e-commerce industry, many have failed to deliver. To incorporate a successful AI bot or Chatbot, e-commerce businesses need to implement a few vital tactics:
- Leverage Natural Language Understanding (NLU) to transact with machine reading command
- Identify common pain points of the customers
- Deploy deep reinforcement learning for Chatbots to learn from users' actions similar to the human learning experience
- Give the Chatbot an on-brand personality
- Launch on different social media channels such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc., where your customers are looking for your business.
Best Uses for E-commerce Chatbots
E-commerce businesses can leverage Ai bots or Chatbots to modernize the entire consumer and customer journey, including:
- Instant responses to common customer service Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Personal shopping and product discovery
- Conversational commerce.
- Return prevention.
- Order management.
E-commerce Chatbot Functions
Let us look at a few functions for which you could deploy an e-commerce chatbot:
- Finding Products
- Sending Offers
- Rescuing abandoned carts
- Sharing shipping information
- Customer service
When a customer is in urgency, they would want to get the exact product they are looking for as soon as possible. So instead of making them look for it on your application or website, wait for the application or website page to load, apply filters on the products and then find the product they are looking for, you can let them chat with the Chatbot about their requirement.
Your e-commerce chatbot could send the users a collection of products that meet their requirements. Additionally, they can even buy the products directly through the Chatbot.
The emails don't have an extraordinary open rate generally. But then, how is your realistic customer supposed to know that you have a discount on the product or you are running a sale? Here is where your e-commerce chatbots integrated on social media platforms can involve the customers.
Marketing campaigns on Facebook have an open rate of approximately 98%. With the number of active social media users increasing to more than 3.78 billion worldwide and an average user spending around 2.5 hours daily on Facebook, it is clear that users would choose to see your promotions and sales offers as instantaneous messages.
According to research, the online shopping cart desertion rate is more than 70% globally. That amounts to the worth of billions and trillions of dollars of lost chances. According to a study, the annual losses of abandoned carts are up to $18 trillion. E-commerce chatbot service scan flash to the rescue.
Sharing Shipping Information
Users who shop with your brand are interested in knowing the expected delivery time of their purchase. E-commerce chatbots could access live data, track the products, and inform the users when they will be delivered.
Customer service is where e-commerce chatbots resolution shines the sunniest. This is the purpose to which Chatbots have been used the most. In the end, they are productive at this. They grant consumers entree to customer support whenever they need it.
Tasks for Chatbots in E-commerce
E-commerce chatbots can recognize the services and products your users are interested in. Apart from that, other tasks that Chatbots can perform in the e-commerce industry are:
- Upsell products
- Conduct market research
- Handle online transactions
- Provide information
- Marketing & Advertising
Best E-commerce Chatbot Solutions of All Time
From startups to well-known brands, e-commerce businesses have launched Chatbots to ease resistance at various parts of the customer journey. Some of the best e-commerce chatbots of all time are:
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Harry Rosen
Examples of E-commerce Chatbot Use cases
Undoubtedly, Chatbots are the best tool to serve the customers. But that is not all. So here are some e-commerce chatbot use cases include:
- Supply chain transparency
- Loyalty programs
- Product life cycle offers
- Sales funnels
- Testimonial generation
Best E-commerce Chatbots for Business
Chatbots provide modified and simulated experiences parallel to an employee's experience in the store. However, for your business, you can choose from a variety of Chatbots, including:
- Microsoft Bot Framework
- Amazon Lex
- IBM Watson
- Flow XO
Seven Steps to Progress Your E-commerce Order-Fulfillment Process
E-commerce Order-Fulfillment Process is a challenge and a goal for any business – the potential of a sale fixed with the probable drawbacks of order contentment. So, the below-mentioned seven steps can help you improve your e-commerce order-fulfillment process:
- Choose the right shipper
- Be smart about your warehouse locations
- Communicate with your customer
- Enable end-to-end order visibility
- Enable exception-based order management
- Demand seamless integration
- Accept returns & refund like a champ
Foreshadow the Competition with E-commerce Chatbots
The e-commerce industry is modest and competitive. However, with billions of other dealers marketing exactly the same services and products as your business, continuing ahead of the arc is imperative. Although chatbots can never substitute humans, they are still a farfetched benefit to the e-commerce industry.
If you think that automation will scare consumers away from your brand, contemplate that 48% of customers already feel contented with communications succeeded by website chatbots. In addition, 71% of customers state that they would be pleased to communicate to a chatbot to provide a better customer experience.
With approximately 3.09 billion people using the different messaging applications worldwide, you can take advantage of it and include e-commerce chatbot and instant social messaging as part of your automated e-commerce strategy.